Sills and Associates PA is an established full service accounting firm offering audit, tax, consulting, litigation support, and forensic accounting services. Our continued commitment to our clients has enabled the firm’s continued growth and success at developing and maintaining strong professional relationships.
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to join our growing audit department as a Senior or Manager depending on previous experience. This position will require commitment and passion to perform engagement field work directly under the engagement partner.
- Build upon existing experience to serve assurance clients with compilations, reviews, and audits, from planning through financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Take responsibility for engagement administration from the planning process through engagement completion.
- Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously.
- Desire and ability to maintain positive client relationships.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data.
- Identify clients’ needs/opportunities and manage the implementation of solutions.
- Consult with clients on new pronouncement implementation.
- Pursue continual development of individual technical knowledge, competence, and skills.
- 3-7 years of recent and relevant audit experience in a public accounting environment, experience with HUD projects a plus.
- BA/BS (or higher) in accounting.
- Must be a CPA.
- Must have strong working knowledge of GAAP, including GASB and FASB regulations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work necessary hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collectively with clients, partners, and co-workers.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities.
- Proficient in the use of audit planning and workflow software, MS Office and
- Adobe (experience with ProSystem fx Engagement and Prosystem fx Tax a plus)
- Experience with business tax return preparation a plus!
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to meet client deadlines and adhere to work plan schedules.
- Demonstrates supervisory skills, including ability to review work by staff.
- Well organized with a high amount of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain client and firm confidentiality.
- Meets time estimates and budgets.
- Strong adherence to professional ethics, engagement Quality Control, and
- CPA Board rules and regulations.
- Maintains regular communication with clients and partners on status of all engagements.
Note regarding remote/hybrid work:
Our office is currently operating on a fully in-person work environment, with some flexibility on hybrid work. The candidate must live within reasonable commuting distance to the main office in Winston Salem, NC, as you will be expected to facilitate client visits as requested and be on site in the field during audit testing.
Sills and Associates offers the opportunity to work in a professional, stable and challenging environment with a great work/life balance. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401K, health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay.
To apply please upload resume and cover letter with salary requirements.